To Our Wonderful AZPetVet Clients:
We want to thank you for being patient as we all navigate the uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic. Our practices have been following recommendations from the CDC and the local health department closely to reduce risks of exposure to our clients, our team, and our community. Like you, our goal is to get back to normal as quickly and safely as possible. While we are excited to start our slow return to normal, we are still taking precautions.
Below is an outline of some upcoming positive changes we will be implementing in the coming weeks. Ultimately, we want you to feel comfortable; if any accommodation is needed, please let us know and we will do our best.
Update to Curbside Process in the Coming Weeks:
- We will adjust our curbside appointment in the coming weeks to meet clients in the lobby on a limited basis.
- We will continue to ask that you call when you arrive for your appointment. When we are ready to start your pet’s exam, we will have you meet one of our team members, who will escort your fur-baby into our treatment area to perform the exam.
- We will then continue the consultation over the phone or via telemedicine while you wait in your vehicle or at home.
- If you arrive to pick up food or medication, please continue to call us when you get here. We will take payment over the phone and then invite you into the lobby where we will have everything you need ready to go.
If you would prefer to not go into the lobby or need further options from us due to COVID exposure, car AC issues, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to let one of our team members know when scheduling your appointment. We will make sure we find a way to take care of your pet’s needs.
- Our team members will be wearing masks when interacting with any clients or fellow team members. Our smiles are still underneath though! When coming in for your appointment, we encourage you to wear one as well for further protection.
- We will continue to advise that if any of our team members has a fever or is experiencing any illness or symptoms, or if they or someone they know has recently tested positive for COVID, that they stay home. We ask that our clients continue to do this as well.
We hope that soon we will be able to return to our exam rooms for consultations as we have done in the past, but we know that we aren’t quite there yet. We will continue to send out updates accordingly. We sincerely appreciate how supportive you have been as we navigate through this pandemic together.
The AZPetVet Family of Animal Hospitals