It’s that time of year to start planning a summer vacation. There was a time when vacation included boarding your pet while you were away, but not any more. Many hotels and vacation spots have started to cater to pet owners that don’t want to vacation without the WHOLE family going along.
Not all vacations are created equal when it comes to pets. Some vacation destinations still have significant restrictions or total bans on pets. Nation parks for example have rules that very by park with some being very pet friendly, and some having complete bans on pets inside the park area. Another common vacation that is hard to include pets are cruises, with most ships not letting pets on-board.
With some careful planning you can have a fabulous vacation and share the fun with your pet. here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure your vacation will be somewhere that your pet won’t disturb others.
- Plan ahead and check with not just the hotels you will be staying at, but also any sites your planning on seeing.
- If your traveling by plane make sure you check with the airline to be aware of any rules or restrictions they might have.
- Bring along enough pet food or scout ahead and know where to pick up your pets brand locally.
- Travel with water and a collapsible bowl.