Just one week ago we celebrated the day of love, so it is only appropriate that we celebrate the love for our pets, as well. How do you do that you might ask? Well first of all, if you are a pet owner you probably do small acts daily that show your pets you love them. But think about your spouse, your boyfriend or girlfriend, or your children…whoever you spent Valentine’s Day with. Did you go out of your way to plan a special outing, or buy them a special gift, or make them a delicious treat? Just one day out of the year our pets deserve to be treated like kings and queens!
Here are some ideas you could try:
- Make them special pet-friendly treats or meals
- Buy them a new bed
- Take your dog for an extra long walk or spend extra time at the dog park
- Buy your cat a new scratcher
- Give your pet extra scratches, belly pats, and snuggles
- Buy or make them a new toy
- Talk to you kids about how important your pets are in your family’s life
With Spay/Neuter Month, Pet Dental Health Month, and awareness on animal abuse all falling in the month of February, these are all opportunities to show your pet you love them. Every little bit of affection you show them will enrich their life, but go out on a limb…try that new dog biscuit recipe you pinned on Pinterest last week or buy that three tier climbing cat tree!