Small Biz Relationships. Big Biz Benefits.
Always Building. We believe in the power of building relationships – with our clients, vendors, and each other – that are rooted in compassion and mutual respect. Period. Above all else, strengthening the bond between people and their pets is why we are here, and we seek to nurture that relationship in all facets of our care.
How we roll. We are a diverse group that strives to bring creativity into the workplace, allowing us to embrace inevitable change and growth. We collaborate daily with each other and our clients to ensure the best possible outcome for all parties. For example, we offer unique in-house payment plans that genuinely impact our doctor’s ability to provide our clients and patients access to flexible, comprehensive care.
Not your typical model. We didn’t want to fit the mold and found our sweet spot by blending a non-corporate approach to practicing veterinary medicine, while still reaping the benefits and efficiencies of a traditional corporate structure. Simply put, we do corporate better.
Homegrown doesn’t mean left behind. We opened our first location in 1984, so you can imagine all that we’ve learned over the years. The AZPetVet family has grown to include 22 small animal general practice hospitals in the Greater Phoenix Metro area. Our facilities are state-of-the-art and built upon the principle of providing outstanding care and high-quality medicine. And we’re not slowing down any time soon.
Want to talk with us directly?
Fill out the form below, and let’s get to know one another.
Investing in You
- Welcome aboard. From day one our doctor mentorship & training program is structured, specific, and designed to make you feel comfortable in your abilities and prepared for success. Professionally, you will have immediate access to more than 100 doctors who are available to provide input and collaboration on everything from medical records to lab work, x-rays, and unique cases. We (doggie) paddle together.
- One size doesn’t fit all. We believe in having a culture that promotes the value of veterinary medicine in our society, and work hard to provide healthy staffing levels so that our teams can do what they love- helping our clients and patients. While our core values span the entire business, our clinics are not all the same. We have small, medium, and large hospitals, which gives us the opportunity to rely on our vast network for flexibility in scheduling, more support and collaboration, and a track record of growth and sustainability. Network within your network.
- It’s about the long haul. We believe learning is a life-long endeavor, and that’s not only okay, but highly encouraged! From general procedures to dentistry, surgery, and other areas of interest, the opportunity to advance your skills by working alongside seasoned doctors is available to you indefinitely, right from day one. Mentorship and training don’t have an expiration date.
You’ve Earned it
Becoming a veterinarian is a BIG deal! You’ve likely put literal blood, sweat, and tears into your journey thus far, and it is time for the reward. We understand first-hand what you have accomplished and what you deserve. Our comprehensive approach to compensation is designed to ensure you are paid fairly and with respect for the value that you’re adding to the organization from the start.
- The best of both worlds. We provide a competitive base salary plus production and performance related bonuses. Within our culture and our compensation structure, we promote collaboration while also honoring the individual work each doctor does.
- Sprinting out of the gate! Whether you’re a new graduate or an experienced doctor, career transitions can be a lot to manage. To help ease the experience, we are proud to welcome you to our team with a signing bonus and a relocation allowance (if relocation is needed).
Find Your Balance
You’ve heard the saying ‘work hard, play hard’, and that mantra is something that we embrace. An organization with happy, well-rounded team members is a successful one; it’s where people want to be. So how do we achieve that?
- The choice is yours. Our standard full-time schedule is four days per week, providing you with full benefits, lunch breaks, etc. If at any point you’re looking to earn some extra income, you have the flexibility to pick up additional days as you wish.
- Time-sensitive. Time is valuable, and we strive to be an organization that you enjoy sharing yours with. And when it’s time for you to relax outside of the office, our collaborative approach to patient care means that there is no coming in on your days off; your colleagues have you and your clients covered. Taking time to relax and recharge is vital; our responsibility to the health and wellness of our team is something we don’t take lightly.
- Things change. One thing we can always count on is that life changes along the way. When you join our team, we can help you find the right fit from a variety of hospital sizes, personalities, advanced training opportunities and geographical locations here in the valley. And as your life inevitably changes, we work to change with you – from flexible scheduling to opportunities for relocation between hospitals.
We’ve Got You Covered
What We Offer
We understand that all doctors, new and experienced, have areas of focus they look for:
- Mentoring and Training (Will I just be thrown out there on my own?!)
- Benefits and Pay (Can I afford these student loan payments now?!)
- Work/Life Balance (I just graduated, am I going to get to have a life now?!)
Benefits and Pay: Excellent compensation, not based solely on production.
- Signing Bonus/Debt Relief – Paid with your first paycheck.
- Relocation allowance – Paid prior to your start date, to help you get ready to start work if you need to relocate.
- Starting paid vacation of one week that accrues to 3 weeks over your first year, plus paid holidays and 3 paid CE days annually.
- $1,500 continuing education allowance annually.
- Arizona State exam fee and Arizona State license fee
- DEA license fee
- Annual dues to AVMA, AzVMA, and annual VIN membership
- Employer matching 401(k) plan
- Generous employer subsidy for medical, vision and dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance (includes maternity and parental leave)
- Professional liability insurance
- $10,000 life insurance policy, with your option for additional benefits
- School loan debt relief monthly stipend
- Very generous discount plan for personal pet medical care
- Ability to shadow our traveling surgeon to discuss surgeries and skills to improve your abilities
- Paid tuition to a dental training course
- Great option (not required) for doctors to work additional days for extra income and more experience
Experienced DVM FAQ’s:
What does the interview process look like?
It’s no secret that the traditional interview process has completely changed, and it’s important to us that we continue to be both adaptable and flexible – it’s part of our core values! First and foremost, we remain committed to ensuring that connecting with you is easy and relaxed! Regardless of whether we connect via video-chat or in-person, the interview provides you the opportunity to meet members of our leadership and hospital teams. If travelling is required, we offer an all-expenses paid interview and will fly you out to Phoenix based on your availability. And don’t worry… all inquiries and conversations are kept confidential.
When can I/should I contact you?
You are encouraged to apply now! With the ongoing growth in the Phoenix metro area combined with our continued growth as an organization with 22 locations, we have multiple positions available. We hire throughout the year, and are currently interviewing and hiring.
If you are interested in finding out more, simply fill out the form on this webpage or contact either: